100 Mile Snow Safari 100 Mile Snow Safari

Thread: Benson Lake south to Wabeno

Blog Entries

Default Benson Lake south to Wabeno

I am not sure if it is just me but has anyone else notice the trail form Benson lake south into Wabeno has been rough all season? Also I notice no updates from Wabeno for a week. I know the Florence trails are amazing. Great base, great riding in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    I am not sure if it is just me but has anyone else notice the trail form Benson lake south into Wabeno has been rough all season? Also I notice no updates from Wabeno for a week. I know the Florence trails are amazing. Great base, great riding in that direction.

I've not ridden through that section yet this year. Last year there were some wretched sections due to logging - I remember one section being at least 1-200 yards of pure deep sand! ... is there any logging through there this year? Hoping to come up end of the month, and I was thinking of making the loop from Wabeno to AC, since I've missed it so far this season. When conditions are good, this is one of my favorite stretches of trail!

Are you talking about the section that goes past the dump in Wabeno? I rode it near new years and it was horrible but that was like the 2nd weekend of them being open only. So much logging on those trails most of the time they are pretty shatty from my experience. The trail that heads west at the T near blackwell and hits the NST a few miles north of Wabeno is normally really good!

Quote Originally Posted by SnoBird888 View Post
    Are you talking about the section that goes past the dump in Wabeno?
    I think so? I don't know anything about the dump in Wabeno, but I'm talking about section heading NE out of town on Broadway St./Soper St. Tolerate the crappy, scrapy section past a few houses, and then the big uphill where the trail starts proper. Other than the particularly bad logging experience last year (which was just past the top of the hill), I usually enjoy this trail quite a bit. It (eventually) leads to one of my favorite sections - the long straight east of Blackwell with the 2 iron bridges on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoBird888 View Post
    The trail that heads west at the T near blackwell and hits the NST a few miles north of Wabeno is normally really good!
    I also like this section - one of my regular choices for Sunday morning rides, when I need to keep the ride a little shorter (if you want to call coming up from Crooked Lake "short") instead of doing a bigger loop up to and past AC.

Thread Information